Booking & Registration
At Asian Heart Institute, you are in the hands of some of the most qualified, capable and experienced professionals in the world. Since 2002 at the Asian Heart Institute, over 35,000 angiographies and angioplasties, and 20,000 bypass surgeries have been performed. Over 3,000 of these surgeries were on high risk patients many of whom were considered inoperable elsewhere.
In bypass alone, Asian Heart Institute has a stunning 99.7% success rate - among the highest in the world.
AHI Cardiac Surgery Team is the one of the best in the world and has performed more than 20,000 heart surgeries and 3,000 complex cases, many of them considered inoperable. For this reason, the team at AHI was selected for the Redo Bypass surgery of the then Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh.
Asian Heart Institute is India's highest accredited hospital with accreditations by JCI (Joint Commission International), NIAHO (National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations), and ISO (International Organization for Standardization). Our heart surgery results were ranked no. 1 in JCI's (world's premier healthcare accreditation agency) global survey among its participating hospitals.
We have been ranked amongst the World's Top 10 Best Hospitals for Medical Tourists by the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA) as well as in the Top 5 Cardiac Hospitals in India by Indiatimes.com. AHI has been adjudged 'India's Best Private Cardiac Care' two years in a row in The WEEK-Hansa Research. We have also been rated the best heart hospital by CNBC-ICICI Lombard & Times Healthcare award.
All first-time patients are registered with the hospital and are issued a unique 'AHI Patient Number'. This number makes it easy to track your medical records. Please make a note of it and ensure you carry the AHI Registration Card issued to you, every single time you come to the hospital.
- Once you write to us, our International Co-ordinator will revert back to you and may ask you for details of the patient in terms of investigations done.
- You need to send a mail with the reports attached as per the requirement mentioned.
- Our senior consultant team will review the reports and get back to you with their advice and the estimated cost towards the treatment.
- The international assistance programme helps you get full information and honest opinions from the best surgeons, directly at your doorstep inspite of being overseas.
Asian Heart Institute and our panel of doctors are availaible 24X7 for solving your queries.
We have an in-house TPA desk to assist you in processing your mediclaim. Please note that the following will need to be taken into consideration for processing your mediclaim:
- We would like you to do your cardiac consultation with an AHI consultant, as it would familiarize them with the case. This is important as it ensures smooth processing of approvals from the respective insurers.
- In case you do a consultation with your family doctor / cardiologist, please make sure that proper information with respect to your medical details have been passed on to the consultant at AHI in the form of doctor reports.
- It is advised that you consult the TPA helpdesk at least 3 days prior to the date of admission, as the approval process can take between 24 to 48 hours.
- Please ensure you have the following documents when you come for the mediclaim procedure:
- Copy of TPA/Insurance Card of the patient.
- Copy of Photo ID of the patient (PAN card, driving license, passport, etc.).
- Copy of current and all previous year's policies of the patient.
- Doctor's prescription for the procedure.
- All relevant positive investigation reports (ECG, 2D Echo, Angiography etc.).
- If the patient was admitted before for the same problem, then discharge summary for the same
- For any further assistance call TPA helpdesk on 6698 6502 (Mondays - Fridays between 9am to 6pm & Saturdays - 9am to 1.30pm)
- Please note that a 10.30 % service tax is levied on the amount approved by the TPA
- Please note that the hospital retains a 15% security deposit on the amount approved by the TPA. This deposit is refunded to the patient once the hospital receives the payment from the TPA. This process usually takes around 30-45 days
- In order for the TPA to approve the procedure amount, minimum 24 hrs hospitalization is required.
List of tied-up TPA and Insurance Companies:
- Dedicated Healthcare Services.
- E-meditek Solutions Ltd
- Good Health TPA Services Ltd
- Health india services
- MD India Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Medi Assist India Pvt Ltd.
- Medicare TPA Services Pvt Ltd
- Medsave Healthcare Ltd
- Paramount Healthcare Ltd
- Raksha Tpa Ltd
- United Healthcare Parekh Tpa Pvt Ltd
- Vidal Health Tpa Pvt. Ltd.
- Vipul Med Corp Pvt Ltd.
- Bharti Axa General Insurance Company Ltd
- Cholamandalam Ms General Insurance
- Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company Limited
- ICICI Lombard: I - Health
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Star Health
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited
For any further assistance please call our Third Party Administrator (TPA) desk at 022-66986517
Payment can be made in cash / demand draft / pay order. Pay order/ demand draft should be drawn in favour of 'Asian Heart Institute'. Management at its discretion can accept credit cards, but the applicable service charge will be borne by the patient. The payment for NRI patients / patients of foreign origin shall be accepted only in USD / EURO / POUND. Payment in foreign currency does not attract any surcharge.
Kindly note: Patients who are insured or have their company pay for their medical expenses (corporate patients) are requested to clarify all details before admission with their respective insurance agent/ company. For any further assistance please get in touch with our Corporate/ TPA helpdesk at Extn No: 6502
Booking would stand cancelled in case the requisite amount as explained above is not paid. In case the cancellation is done by the patient:
- No refund if cancellation is within 24 hours of procedure.
- 50%* refund if cancelled within 1-7 days prior to procedure.
- Full refund if cancelled more than 7 days before procedure.