What Are The Dos And Don’ts After A Heart Attack?
Heart attack is one of the major causes of death in the recent times. Overlooking this concern can increase the probabilities of the risk. You will be surprised to know that there are various ways to prevent and treat a heart attack. Prevention is one of the best ways to provide the best form of treatment.
Dos and Don’ts after a Heart Attack
Whenever there is a problem, there is also a solution. Similarly is the case with heart attack. There are certain dos and don’ts after a heart attack that will help you a lot. They have been mentioned in a nutshell as under:
- Giving a call to ambulance without any delay! It will be of great help as you will receive the best medical assistance at the right point of time. As paramedics are trained to stabilize the condition of patient with appropriate medication, the patient will be resuscitated with a defibrillator to prevent further damage.
- The paramedics must be given crystal clear information about the address of the patient. In such a situation, it is better to have someone waiting to help the patient and paramedics. It will not only save time, but also help in preventing unnecessary danger.
- It is very much essential to get personal identification proofs of the patient. It is a good idea to get personal identification, insurance, medical benefit identification and other mandatory documents for easy admission.
- Afterwards, the patient must be seated in such a location from where he can be easily transferred easily to a stretcher. A clear account regarding what happened must be given to the doctor. Also, he must be informed about drug allergies if any.
Some don’ts that are required post heart attack include the following:
- It is better not to ignore the pain that takes place in heart and neck.
- One must not be too anxious regarding the time wasted when on-site ECG is being performed by paramedics
- As the condition of patient may deteriorate on the way, it is good to wait for an ambulance. Ambulances get priority on arriving at a medical care centre.
Keeping these points in vital consideration, it will be of great help in case patients suffer from heart attack.