Do you know a child,
below 12 years of age,
who needs cardiac surgery,
and cannot afford it?

Time to do something about it.

We will evaluate every response, and ask for your echo cardiogram, chest x-ray, birth certificate and other tests. If shortlisted, we will operate on the child free of cost.

Please fill up the form below

For Any Queries Call Us
+91-9930333500, +9122 6739 6666

Mumbai Emergency No.

The Truth About Good and Bad Cholesterol

How many of us know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? The answer to this is a bit shocking since a large number of people are not even aware of the difference. There are so many myths about cholesterol that have to be debunked to lead a proper and healthy lifestyle. Some think that exercising regularly will prevent them from having cholesterol problems. Contrary to the fact, the cholesterol levels of a person depends on a wide array of factors that range from family history to food intake, age to gender, etc.

Good and bad Cholesterol: An Insight

Before understanding the difference between good and bad cholesterol, it is mandatory to know what cholesterol is all about. It is a fat-like substance produced by the human body and it is also found in different food categories. Liver is one of the major contributors of cholesterol in the human body producing about 75% and the remaining 25% is contributed by the types of foods we eat. In general, there are two types of cholesterols namely LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) and HDL (High Density Lipoprotein)


LDL is often referred as the bad cholesterol since too much of LDL could lead to blockage in the arteries. LDL is responsible for carrying the cholesterol to the arteries. If the level of LDL is higher, it may lead to blood clots, which is a major health concern. In future, it may lead to stroke or other types of heart diseases, which at times may become fatal.

HDL, on the other hand, is good cholesterol that does not cause harm to the human body. One can compare HDL to that of a waste collector as it collects excess cholesterol and transports it to the liver for removal. Since the cholesterol is transported, it does not get piled up in the arteries.

Keeping track of your cholesterol level on a regular basis is advisable especially if you are having cholesterol problems. The HDL level for a female should be more than 55 mg/DL and 45mg/DL for a male. The LDL level for both the genders should be lesser than 130 mg/DL. You can find out the cholesterol levels in your body through blood tests. Exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet will keep your cholesterol level in balance.

Hope is Healing, Healing is Happiness